Sunday, February 5, 2012

Trying to Learn.


Hey all, so, I've been thinking recently about where I want to go as an artist in the next 4-5 years, and I think I'm going to try to transition into Concept Design. I've been thinking about what I really enjoy about art, and its always been the designing of worlds and characters. In comics and storyboarding, I get to act, which is another thing I love to do artistically, but usually when doing those two things you don't have too much time to concentrate on the design of the world, or the objects in it. I don't think I'll ever quit one artistic field and forever move into another, but I'm excited about learning some new skills and techniques, and right now, that seems like the direction I want to head. That said, its going to be a long process for me to get to where I need to be in order to get work in that industry, because there are already a ton of talented folks working in the field, and I have a lot of catching up to do. But God willing, I'm gonna make it eventually. This is a little painting I did practicing some techniques I learned from watching Feng Zhu's video tutorials. If you're interested in learning this stuff too, you should definitely google them! They're awesome and free. Anyway, hope you guys like!

No comments:

Post a Comment